Using Vine in B2B Marketing
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a six-second video must be worth a million, right? The introduction of Twitter’s new video app, Vine, has opened up numerous doors for marketers, including those in the B2B field.
This new video app allows Twitter users to record brief, six-second videos to share with followers. While six-seconds may seem far too short, the upside is that followers are more likely to watch a Vine video than click on YouTube link because they already know it will be short, sweet and to the point.
Getting started with Vine as a B2B marketer can be challenging, which is why it is important to keep a few key pointers in mind:
- Have a clear idea of the message you want to get out: Since Vine only allots you six seconds, it’s important that you have clearly defined the message you want to get out there prior to recording and posting the video.
- Provide context for the video: It is also important to include context for the video in the body of the tweet. Doing so helps followers understand what they are about to watch and why it matters to them.
- Give the viewer a takeaway: Provide the viewers of your Vine video with a clear idea of what you want them to take from it. Simply stating what you hope the viewer gets from your video in a brief sentence can make all the difference.
Knowing what to put in a Vine video can also be somewhat of a challenge. In order to make sure you are only producing the best Vine videos, take a look at a few ideas:
- Showcase recent work for a client: If you recently produced wonderful work for a certain client, highlight it in a Vine video.
- Comment on an industry trend: It’s no secret that in marketing, it can’t be all about you all the time. Use Vine to comment on a trend currently happening in your industry to establish yourself as a thought leader.
- Offer an inside look: Vine is great for taking your followers inside a place they normally wouldn’t have access to, like your offices. Humanize your Twitter presence by featuring a Vine video that takes viewers inside your offices or highlights an employee.
Have you used Vine in a creative way as a B2B company? Share with us!
Ellen Sheftel is a Content Marketing Specialist at MLT Creative. She started in January 2013 and has 2 years of experience. Ellen is a University of Kansas graduate, majoring in Journalism and Mass Communications with a minor in English and a concentration in communications.