B2B Tricks to Treat New Prospects
Halloween is right around the corner. What does that mean for B2B marketers? …Opportunity.
Having a little fun with a holiday lets people know you have a sense of humor. Remember that you’re not just a company or a brand – you’re an actual human IRL. Crafting some branded, tongue-in-cheek content or images will show prospects you can be fun to do business with, which is particularly helpful if you’re in an industry that might be perceived as boring or a little too buttoned up. Nerd humor in B2B marketing can really engage. Click here for some ideas.
Here are a few ways to add a little magic to your B2B strategy this Halloween season:
Bewitch them with a blog
- Adopt the persona of a psychic and predict some trends for your industry or foretell an upcoming event and then blog about it.
- Tell a gruesome story about what can happen without your product or service.
Create a killer email campaign
“Are you haunted by…” “What scares you most about…” Simply incorporate some Halloween imagery and language to mesmerize your targets.
Enchant them on social
There are several ways you can leverage your social networks to gain some attention:
- Decorate your Twitter or Facebook page with some Halloween-themed images and colors.
- Tweet/post pictures of costumed employees and offer a business tip. For instance, if you’re in the computer industry, dress up as a bug or Trojan horse and offer a tip about protection from computer viruses.
- Have an industry-themed costume contest and offer an incentive.
- Infect social media with a meme. Meme’s can be fun, instructive and, most of all, they’re easily shareable. Click here and create your own in minutes.
Kill them with kindness
Does your company have a lot of foot traffic? Dress up, decorate your business and hand out Halloween candy. Enhance this opportunity by customizing the treat with your logo.
Unmask a special opportunity
Offer a discount on a product or service and leverage it with a call to action. Send it on the rounds in in your social media channels, and be sure to include ‘share’ icons. This is a good way to reintroduce and repurpose past content.
Transmogrify your company name
Google does this all the time. It always creates buzz, and there’s no reason you can’t do something similar, especially if you have a lot of website traffic.
If you have never considered exploiting a holiday for a B2B marketing opportunity, this might be a good time to try something different. Use your imagination and have a little fun this Halloween. Don’t let your strategy decompose – it might send your business to the graveyard.