This Weeks B2B Word on the Street is: ENCOURAGEMENT
My dictionary defines encouragement as the act of encouraging, so I had to read further. Encouraging means giving courage, confidence or hope. In times like these, I can’t think of a more important word for those of us in marketing. And since we are the ones most equipped with the talents, the messaging and the means to spread the word I suggest we get to work.
As FDR said, We have nothing to fear but fear itself. Although your budgets may be in the deep freeze near zero, this is the time to be planning and thinking beyond the panic to show boldly how marketing is not an expense to be eliminated, and quite to the contrary, it’s almost always an investment.
- Sit down and plan a strategic course of action that works with a minimal budget.
- Stand up for launching active marketing initiatives while your competition is scared stiff to spend money.
- Tighten your time frames and set your goals within reach.
- Use the results of your success to fuel the next set of projects.
- In other words, roll your investment and start gaining some market share while the market is standing still.
To sum up, BE ENCOURAGING and use ENCOURAGEMENT to make the case for bold marketing, insightful strategy, and creative budget, and make all of us in marketing proud.